Saturday 4-8

Wanda
Station Chef

Saturday 4-8

Post by Wanda »

There's no daily chatter thread today!? WHat?

What's up for everyone on this SAturday?
Wanda
Station Chef

Re: Saturday 4-8

Post by Wanda »

I was supposed to go to Dayton to see my daughter perform, but Delta Airlines has got major major scheduling problems They cancelled my flight, tried changing things around, but nothing they did would get me to Dayton on time today. My other daughter's flight got messed up as well.
Right now there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE - wait times are 2-3 hours when you call and they won't let you cancel flights online or request refunds.
So let the games begin - getting this money back will be a challenge. Probably won't get anything but credits for another flight.
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

I have been up for a bit. I made some cherry almond chocolate scones, watched Reign, and am currently working on some custom orders. Today is prom day so I will be in and out. Dd needs to get her hair and nails done at 1, meet friends to finish getting ready at 2:30, go to grandparent's houses with her date from 3:30 - 4:30, meet friends for a photo shoot at 4:30, head to the prom dinner and festivities, and I need to pick her up at 3:00 am. Somewhere in there, I need to get groceries, wash my car, and hopefully go to the pre-prom viewing to see their set-up. This year's theme is The Great Gatsby!! Gonna be a long day!!!

Not to mention, I am cleaning, doing laundry - my sink for the washer just overflowed - that hasn't happened in forever and I just cleaned it up! :roll: Hopefully that will be the last issue today!!!
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I have been trying to get warm since 6 AM. I am freezing! Just printed out my pictures for this week's challenge and about to go turn heat up at The Stampin' Cottage. I have to get ready for two clubs that meet on Monday and Tuesday and package out an order. Going to get the page done for this week's challenge too. The sun is out so hoping it warms up soon. BRRRR! I am so over cold weather. It is supposed to get in the upper 70's on Monday and Tuesday, thank goodness.

Also, calling ALL PRAYER WARRIORS: My neighbor's 18 YO daughter was in a horrible accident on my road on Monday. She hit a tree head on at 40 mph after swerving to miss a pot hole. She was life flighted to Gesinger Medical Center. She broke her femur in three places, has a broken clavical, broken elbow, a break in the foot, a huge gash on her face that is going to require plastic surgery. Her pelvis and hip are fractured and she has swelling in the brain. She is a senior this year. She has a 13YO sister, two 6YO sisters and a 5YO sister that is autistic. Please pray for her, Kayla, and her family. She had surgery on her femur yesterday. They have her heavily sedated and on a breathing machine. She needs us to send many prayers up for her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I've been up for awhile too but never made it to the computer. I've actually been working on a layout and I just can't figure out how to finish it up! It's all pretty & pink and then I throw a black title on it, (which I love), but now I have to figure out a way to add more black...

G is still sleeping and not feeling well. Shawn is up, but he's got a head cold and is not a very happy camper this morning. Hopefully neither one of them will share as Everly and Jackie will be coming this week....

Not much on the agenda today - finish this layout, fill the bird feeders, laundry, etc. Was going to see if Shawn wanted to go on a day trip, but since he's not feeling so well that probably won't happen.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Wanda wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 am I was supposed to go to Dayton to see my daughter perform, but Delta Airlines has got major major scheduling problems They cancelled my flight, tried changing things around, but nothing they did would get me to Dayton on time today. My other daughter's flight got messed up as well.
Right now there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE - wait times are 2-3 hours when you call and they won't let you cancel flights online or request refunds.
So let the games begin - getting this money back will be a challenge. Probably won't get anything but credits for another flight.
Wow! What a mess! I don't do a lot of flying but this type of thing would shoot my stress level through the roof!!!
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Beth wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:37 am I have been trying to get warm since 6 AM. I am freezing! Just printed out my pictures for this week's challenge and about to go turn heat up at The Stampin' Cottage. I have to get ready for two clubs that meet on Monday and Tuesday and package out an order. Going to get the page done for this week's challenge too. The sun is out so hoping it warms up soon. BRRRR! I am so over cold weather. It is supposed to get in the upper 70's on Monday and Tuesday, thank goodness.

Also, calling ALL PRAYER WARRIORS: My neighbor's 18 YO daughter was in a horrible accident on my road on Monday. She hit a tree head on at 40 mph after swerving to miss a pot hole. She was life flighted to Gesinger Medical Center. She broke her femur in three places, has a broken clavical, broken elbow, a break in the foot, a huge gash on her face that is going to require plastic surgery. Her pelvis and hip are fractured and she has swelling in the brain. She is a senior this year. She has a 13YO sister, two 6YO sisters and a 5YO sister that is autistic. Please pray for her, Kayla, and her family. She had surgery on her femur yesterday. They have her heavily sedated and on a breathing machine. She needs us to send many prayers up for her.
Definitely sending hugs and prayers!!! Up here we are often called on to swerve to miss a deer or other animal. I preach all the time about being careful and just hitting it. I am not sure which is the lesser of the two results but the edges of the road are so dangerous!!
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Goodness, Beth, that is terrible about your neighbor's daughter! Will keep them in my prayers for sure!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Beth, that is so awful. I'll keep Kayla and her family in my thoughts.

Fell asleep in my chair in the living room last night and didn't actually get into bed until 3 a.m. Now I'm paying for it today with a major arthritis flare. I finished a layout last night that I need to photograph and post on the appropriate challenge blog; and there are several photos from last weekend that I want to scrap, Also need to catch up on laundry and a couple other chores as the arthritis allows.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I just got home from work and glad to be here.

Wanda, I'm so sorry you didn't get to your daughter's performance. I heard on the radio on the way home about all the filghts that were cancelled out of Atlanta.

Cassie, what a day you have had and will continue to have....last year of it so enjoy every moment. Careful driving at 3 am with the deer. We have tons of them around here and like you I'm not sure if it is better to hit them or swerve.

Beth, your neighbors are in my prayers. We never know what the next moment holds.

Tammy, hope your boys are feeling better soon.

Barb, hope you are feeling less stiff soon!

Off to make dinner.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”