It's Friday Ladies....06/22/2018

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

It's Friday Ladies....06/22/2018

Post by tammyfolk »

Heading out to work in about 5 minutes! Hopefully today will not be too terrible. Only two providers working! I have to close again, but that's ok....it's Friday, and it's the weekend, and I don't have to work tomorrow! Already have my small (yeah right, who are we kidding) "to do" list for the weekend......starting off with changing the bunny cage, and litter boxes. Sure miss having G here to help! lol

Trying to convince Shawn to take a day trip tomorrow, and he's game but I don't have any idea where I want to go....

What's everyone else have planned for the weekend??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: It's Friday Ladies....06/22/2018

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have market tomorrow so I'm finishing up the last of my baking, dehydrating and packaging. Sunday evening or Monday I will be transporting a 11.5 year old male Cocker Spaniel named Max. Waiting on a phone call now to see if I have to make a 4 hour round trip or 2. It seems the dogs owners can no longer provide a home for him as he has been staying at a vets office in Simpsonville since January. He was set to go to a shelter Monday unless he could find a rescue. I agreed to transport and foster until a suitable home could be found. Luckily, one has already been found so all I have to do now is go get him......yay!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Jan Mosier wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm I have market tomorrow so I'm finishing up the last of my baking, dehydrating and packaging. Sunday evening or Monday I will be transporting a 11.5 year old male Cocker Spaniel named Max. Waiting on a phone call now to see if I have to make a 4 hour round trip or 2. It seems the dogs owners can no longer provide a home for him as he has been staying at a vets office in Simpsonville since January. He was set to go to a shelter Monday unless he could find a rescue. I agreed to transport and foster until a suitable home could be found. Luckily, one has already been found so all I have to do now is go get him......yay!
Aww Jan! That's so kind of you! My grandmother had a cocker spaniel that lived to be 18 years old!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

My new laptop arrived today. So far I am not impressed, but most likely that's because we really don't have time to get it set up the way we want it. My Microsoft accounts are still messed up, not recognizing passwords and so on. I think I messed up when I added the accounts and now I dont know how to fix the problem. I wish we had gone to a Best Buy or somewhere that has people to help us out instead of ordering on amazon and winging it....

but on the other hand... all packed and ready to head for the airport in a few hours. My flight leaves at 5:30 am from Denver, so we need to be out of here by 1 a.m. or earlier. My son Jeff is picking me up in Chicago. He asked me if there was anything in particular I wanted to do, eat or visit. I told him I just want to hold that baby girl ;)
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

my Friday was pretty eventful. Thursday night we had planned on driving back to the condo from LA but we left later than we had planned. Kids stayed longer at Universal day 2 and we still drove to the beach and then ate dinner before leaving. It was terrible traffic. We mad it 30 miles out of Las Vegas and had to get a hotel because we were too tired. The we slept in and didn't leave until 10:30 which put us in Vegas at 11:30. Kids had to do the m&m factory and coco cola. I wanted Hershey world since it was across the street. My dad is not doing well and he loves Hershey so I thought I would bring him something home. We left Vegas and made it to the outskirts when the AC went out. headed to an autozone long story. ended up driving to St. George in 114 degree heat. which caused my oxygen unit to shut down, system got to hot and quit. We drove 20 minutes without oxygen. My life is so eventful!!
Tamara
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Hope you made it safely, Barbara. Glad you made it home, Tamara.

So Noel was still sick up til Thursday, so back to the vet we go. They test her blood, all is okay; take an x-ray, no mass or blockage; so give her a few shots and no food for all of Thursday. They think it is just a gastronomical problem. Plus she had to go back Friday at 1:30 pm for another round of shots and feeding instructions. So I took Friday off so I could take her and get the instructions and it is a 30 minute drive home from work and a 30 minute drive to the vet. So I worked at home before and after her vet app't. Her food that she could have Friday night? 4 to 5 pieces of food. Noel picked them all up at once chewed twice and looked at me like REALLY?!?!?!?! Especially after not being able to keep food down (or at least all of it) for more than a week. This morning 1/3 of her regular serving; for supper 1/2 of her regular serving. She seems to be okay so far. Still keeping an eye on her; she seems to be feeling better - more perkier, she wasn't really lethargic; just looked miserable the last few days. Then she would lick her chops 'cuz she was hungry.

I haven't hardly gotten any scrapping done over the last few weeks; need to work on getting motivated :|
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Lolis wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 pm
Jan Mosier wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm I have market tomorrow so I'm finishing up the last of my baking, dehydrating and packaging. Sunday evening or Monday I will be transporting a 11.5 year old male Cocker Spaniel named Max. Waiting on a phone call now to see if I have to make a 4 hour round trip or 2. It seems the dogs owners can no longer provide a home for him as he has been staying at a vets office in Simpsonville since January. He was set to go to a shelter Monday unless he could find a rescue. I agreed to transport and foster until a suitable home could be found. Luckily, one has already been found so all I have to do now is go get him......yay!
Aww Jan! That's so kind of you! My grandmother had a cocker spaniel that lived to be 18 years old!
Cockers are one of my favorite breeds. I'm just happy I was in a position to help this senior.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”