Tuesday 4.17.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

Tuesday 4.17.18

Post by Tamara »

How are we all doing today?

Yep I nailed it on the toothache. Root Canal is scheduled for Thursday. Just took some Tylenol. Hoping it kicks in for the day.
Just painted my toes for the first time since surgery. Do you think the doctor will mind purple for tomorrow?
I think I'll do some more scrapping today. It snowed overnight so it's a good day to hunker down. Going to a womens dinner tonight so I don't have to think about what to cook tonight.
Happy Tuesday!!

Tamara
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Tuesday 4.17.18

Post by sdwhru »

Yuck - on the root canal, Tamara, hope you enjoyed your women's dinner.

Sorry, I've been MIA the last five or so days - have been so busy with work/life. Finally got work back under control today. However, my hubby got fired Friday after being at the same place for almost 8 years. He carries our health insurance so now that is gone after Saturday and he had 120 hours of accrued vacation and our state doesn't require employers to pay out accrued benefits so they don't have, too. He has always gotten good/excellent reviews. In fact he had just gotten one about 3 weeks ago and another raise. The store had cut back positions and hours so they moved him to a different part of the store (last July or August) and since about September they have been after him. They gave him some coachings/warnings and February they issued a final one. He said he asked his uppers if he was improving and verbally they told him yes. It was HR that let him go; not even his management. He asked for copies of his reviews from corporate and they said they haven't gotten copies from his store since 2013; when he first asked the store they said go to corporate. I go between being upset/irritated to wanting to cry. Honestly I know he will be better off away from there, but right now it is just the upsy-daisyness of it all - thanks for letting me vent.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Becca, I'm so sorry about what has happened to your family. That's just low, especially not paying out accrued vacation time etc. I hope your husbadn is able to find a new (and possibly even better) position soon.

We've had warm, dry weather with 50+ mph winds, which has resulted in several fires out in the rural areas. We've been seeing and hearing wildfire warnings all day and evening. The forecast says rain later in the week, thankfully. There are some closed roads and there have been mandatory evacuations.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

sdwhru wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 pm Yuck - on the root canal, Tamara, hope you enjoyed your women's dinner.

Sorry, I've been MIA the last five or so days - have been so busy with work/life. Finally got work back under control today. However, my hubby got fired Friday after being at the same place for almost 8 years. He carries our health insurance so now that is gone after Saturday and he had 120 hours of accrued vacation and our state doesn't require employers to pay out accrued benefits so they don't have, too. He has always gotten good/excellent reviews. In fact he had just gotten one about 3 weeks ago and another raise. The store had cut back positions and hours so they moved him to a different part of the store (last July or August) and since about September they have been after him. They gave him some coachings/warnings and February they issued a final one. He said he asked his uppers if he was improving and verbally they told him yes. It was HR that let him go; not even his management. He asked for copies of his reviews from corporate and they said they haven't gotten copies from his store since 2013; when he first asked the store they said go to corporate. I go between being upset/irritated to wanting to cry. Honestly I know he will be better off away from there, but right now it is just the upsy-daisyness of it all - thanks for letting me vent.
I'm so sorry Becca. I know exactly how you feel. The same thing happened to us many years ago. My husband had been with the same company for over 20 years. He went from operating one terminal to Director of Operations to Vice President of Operations. They moved us from SC to TX to IL to TN where they fired him through email. I didn't know whether to be angry or cry. We finally found ourselves back home in SC and absolutely love it! I think this is where we were meant to be. Jack is now retired but still works some to get out of the house.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

oh Becca it is so hard now days to even survive in employment. Wishing him a quick job turnaround. You can vent here anytime. So many bosses now days are so cold and curt and don't care what the outcome is. I know its always hard on the spouse and trying to keep upbeat all the time is no easy task. They don't always look at the wife suggestions as support. IT has got to be hard only having a few days notice on the insurance. I thought they had to give you 30 days of coverage. Cobra is so expensive and how they expect you to pay it with no income is beyond me. Hope it all works out well for you.
Keep us posted
Tamara
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Thanks ladies for your kind words, understanding and just listening. We are working on one thing at a time; of course, he has already applied at several places but who knows how long it could take. He did run into one of his old employers yesterday and he thinks he was going to offer him a job but it would be self-employment so no insurance or taxes; I told him it could be an option if it takes a while to find a job.

Return to “Daily Chatter”