Washing machines

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Washing machines

Post by Jan Mosier »

I am thinking of purchasing a large capacity washing machine. I visited my local Lowe's and found machines with agitators, without agitators, top load and front load. I need something that is going to last me awhile. I do a lot of dog laundry and a large capacity machine is a must! Any recommendations?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Washing machines

Post by sdwhru »

I have 3 inside dogs (smaller than yours) and a hubby that wears tons of layers - he is very cold natured and works in the coolers/dairy at Target so lots of laundry. Sometimes he can wear two socks; tshirt; sweatshirt and another type shirt; plus mens' thermals under his pants. We have a LG frontload for both dryer and washer (both from Lowe's) they have worked wonders. Hubby does do the drain thing every 6 weeks on the washer and I run the clean load on it; we do use the heavy cycle usually once a week. Ours are at least 6 years old now and still working good. Anymore questions let me know and I will try to ask. If you can wait til around Memorial Day they would probably have a sale on the washer/dryers. I'm pretty sure they are the large capacity machines, too
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Washing machines

Post by Jan Mosier »

I went to Lowe's yesterday and asked the lady there which brands are returned the most. Samsung was the only one she mentioned. She said to stick with Maytag, LG and another one that I can't seem to remember right now. I think I saw an LG front loader yesterday where the tub was set in at an angle (lower in back). I wonder if they started angling the tubs so the water will drain out better.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”