Happy New Year!!!

Post Reply
User avatar
Jan Mosier
Sous Chef
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:09 am

Happy New Year!!!

Post by Jan Mosier » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Now I need to remember to put 2018 when writing a check! :lol:

So ladies, what's up?
Image

User avatar
Jan Mosier
Sous Chef
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:09 am

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by Jan Mosier » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Not much on the agenda. It's a tad chilly outside. I've got dinner in the crock pot and will probably scrap sometime today. Tomorrow I will have to start prepping for market again. There were soooo many things I wanted to get done over the break and well, I got nothing crossed off my list. :roll:
Image

LoriS
Prep Cook
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:38 pm
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by LoriS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello, everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry I disappeared there for a while, but November and December were so busy I didn't know whether I was coming or going! The main thing that happened is my youngest son who has autism has had a really hard time at school since last school year. Things just kept getting worse and worse and finally, we all agreed to go ahead and graduate him out a bit before the end of the fall semester. This all happened the first of November and we have been getting adjusted to our new routine. Add to that a couple of special projects that I had going and November and December were a blur! I'm hoping that with the new year things will start to slow down again and I can come back around more often!
Lori

User avatar
tammyfolk
Site Admin
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm
Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by tammyfolk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 pm

we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
Tammy Folk

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

User avatar
Wanda
Station Chef
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:29 am

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by Wanda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm

tammyfolk wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 pm
we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
So is Greenville closer to you, or further away?
I hate having my one daughter, Sarah, in Atlanta, even though it's only 6-7 hours away.
Image

User avatar
tammyfolk
Site Admin
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm
Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by tammyfolk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Wanda wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm
tammyfolk wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 pm
we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
So is Greenville closer to you, or further away?
I hate having my one daughter, Sarah, in Atlanta, even though it's only 6-7 hours away.
Much much further. Before she was in Newport News, Virginia - 6-7 hours away. Now she’ll be over 12 hours away. 😔
Tammy Folk

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

User avatar
BarbP
Sous Chef
Posts: 1362
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 am
Location: Southern Colorado
Contact:

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by BarbP » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 am

That's the bad part about moving to Colorado -- kids and grandkids are all 1100 miles away :cry:

Recovery is continuing here. I'm pretty stiff and a bit sore, but that's from working joints and muscles that haven't been very active for quite a while. I have exercises to do each day, and I walk outside twice a day. Can't do most household chores yet (Still not supposed to bend over my waist level) but I'm cooking (with help to get the pots and pans from cupboard to stove and then to the table). Today is the first day that I've spent any real time in my scrap room; I get up and move around at least once an hour. It's been a little hard to get back into creative mode; started out with a couple of cards. Hoping to do a layout and/or work on my December Daily book a bit tonight. (I still want to chronicle our December; it wll just be a little different from what had planned)
BARB PRENDERGAST

User avatar
Wanda
Station Chef
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:29 am

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by Wanda » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 pm

tammyfolk wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 pm
Wanda wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm
tammyfolk wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 pm
we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
So is Greenville closer to you, or further away?
I hate having my one daughter, Sarah, in Atlanta, even though it's only 6-7 hours away.
Much much further. Before she was in Newport News, Virginia - 6-7 hours away. Now she’ll be over 12 hours away. 😔
Oh, just seeing this. I'm sorry, Tammy - that's hard. I have a feeling my youngest is going to go far from home, too. I have a friend here in Mississippi whose grown children and grandchildren are all in Portland. She HATES it. Skype and Facetime and all that jazz......
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sdwhru and 1 guest