So ladies, what's up?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Post by Jan Mosier »

Not much on the agenda. It's a tad chilly outside. I've got dinner in the crock pot and will probably scrap sometime today. Tomorrow I will have to start prepping for market again. There were soooo many things I wanted to get done over the break and well, I got nothing crossed off my list. :roll:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

Hello, everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry I disappeared there for a while, but November and December were so busy I didn't know whether I was coming or going! The main thing that happened is my youngest son who has autism has had a really hard time at school since last school year. Things just kept getting worse and worse and finally, we all agreed to go ahead and graduate him out a bit before the end of the fall semester. This all happened the first of November and we have been getting adjusted to our new routine. Add to that a couple of special projects that I had going and November and December were a blur! I'm hoping that with the new year things will start to slow down again and I can come back around more often!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 am we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
So is Greenville closer to you, or further away?
I hate having my one daughter, Sarah, in Atlanta, even though it's only 6-7 hours away.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Wanda wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 am
tammyfolk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 am we woke up to no water but luckily we were able to thaw the pipes out pretty quickly! Spent the entire day lounging and hanging out with Jackie and Everly. She's back until Friday, and then will be moving her stuff to SC this upcoming weekend.....Shawn and I will be babysitting Everly during this time. Super excited, but I will admit super exhausting too! She is into everything!
I hate having my one daughter, Sarah, in Atlanta, even though it's only 6-7 hours away.
Much much further. Before she was in Newport News, Virginia - 6-7 hours away. Now she’ll be over 12 hours away. 😔
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

That's the bad part about moving to Colorado -- kids and grandkids are all 1100 miles away :cry:

Recovery is continuing here. I'm pretty stiff and a bit sore, but that's from working joints and muscles that haven't been very active for quite a while. I have exercises to do each day, and I walk outside twice a day. Can't do most household chores yet (Still not supposed to bend over my waist level) but I'm cooking (with help to get the pots and pans from cupboard to stove and then to the table). Today is the first day that I've spent any real time in my scrap room; I get up and move around at least once an hour. It's been a little hard to get back into creative mode; started out with a couple of cards. Hoping to do a layout and/or work on my December Daily book a bit tonight. (I still want to chronicle our December; it wll just be a little different from what had planned)
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

tammyfolk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:22 pm
Wanda wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 am
Much much further. Before she was in Newport News, Virginia - 6-7 hours away. Now she’ll be over 12 hours away. 😔
Oh, just seeing this. I'm sorry, Tammy - that's hard. I have a feeling my youngest is going to go far from home, too. I have a friend here in Mississippi whose grown children and grandchildren are all in Portland. She HATES it. Skype and Facetime and all that jazz......

Return to “Daily Chatter”