4/15 - National Day

Tracy F
Challenge Team

4/15 - National Day

Post by Tracy F »

During the Month of the Military Child, Purple Up! Day on April 15th recognizes some of the military's most unsung heroes - their children. The day encourages everyone to wear purple representing all branches of the military and showing unity with each other.

#PurpleUpDay
All across the country and around the world, military children play a significant role in their schools, youth organizations, and communities. When we wear purple in their honor, we let them know we support them in all branches of the military - Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard, Air Force, and Space Force. Whether they are a part of the military family for a short while or their entire childhood, the military child deserves to know they have the support of their community.

HOW TO OBSERVE PURPLE UP! DAY
Wear purple to show your support for military youth.
Schools and military installations also host events recognizing the sacrifices military children make.
Local businesses and organizations also hold celebrations throughout the month of April, especially when the 15th lands on a weekend.
Consider some of these events for your school or organization: Invite your former and current military employees to share photos of their children. Change your social media profile to a purple frame. Recognize military children during events. Feature a military child on a school, organization, or club website.
Invite a military parent or child to speak at your school, business, or organization.

PURPLE UP! DAY HISTORY
The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension Military Youth and Family Program initiated the Purple Up! for Military Kids in 2011. They selected April 15th during the Month of the Military Child as a way to honor military children from all branches of the military. Purple represented the colors of each branch of the military as one. Since then, other organizations and communities spread the word, giving the celebration momentum.

Military Child
Q. When is National Military Brats Day?
A. National Military Brats Day is April 30th.
Q. I was a military brat. Is there a way to reconnect with other military brats I used to know?
A. Yes! Militarybrat.com hosts a registry that reconnects the children of military personnel.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: 4/15 - National Day

Post by Lolis »

We are having a Spirit Week to celebrate the Month of the Military Child.
Attachments
PHOTO-2024-04-15-07-29-42.jpeg
PHOTO-2024-04-15-07-29-42.jpeg (215.47 KiB) Viewed 857 times
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Lolis wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am We are having a Spirit Week to celebrate the Month of the Military Child.
That's awesome! I had never heard of the Month of the Military Child.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love it. I had never heard of this before. Lolis, great that your school is celebrating this.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I love it! Just watched Megan Leavey the last couple of nights. It was amazing! ad I may have teared up a bit.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”