Fraud Alert

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Fraud Alert

Post by Jan Mosier »

I received an email from AT&T this past week notifying me that some of my personal info had been compromised. Today I received another email from Capital One saying I have 2 alerts on my credit report. I already have a freeze on my credit, I've had it since the IRS database was hacked years ago. I added a fraud alert this morning. Is there anything else I can or should do?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Fraud Alert

Post by Tamara »

So hard these days to secure your accounts. I don't watch the news alot but the other night they were saying to those of you that receive a tet saying they are from the USPS and need you to click the link to deliver your package. They said that mostlikely your information has been compromised. Glad I never click them but I worry about the elderly that don't understand that or who is in the beginning stages of alzhimers. My Dad kept insisting that he would win the lottery towards the end of his life.

DH said that you can reach out to your credit agency and see if there are any hits, Not sure what you have, like Experian or whatever yours is. Then you would know for sure if it is just a scam.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”