4/11 NATIONAL PET DAY

Tamara
Challenge Team

4/11 NATIONAL PET DAY

Post by Tamara »

Jan I picked this because of you! I love your heart for all your doggies. You are the best dog mom I know so today is Nationa Pet Day!
Thursday, April 11 is National Pet Day, a holiday dedicated to those "pets who may not always get the companionship and attention pets deserve," according to the National Day Calendar.
National Pet Day on April 11th dedicates the day to those pets who may not always get the companionship and attention pets deserve. While loving our pets is something we do every day, the observance encourages helping out orphaned pet companions. It will improve their health and enhance their opportunities for adoption.

#NationalPetDay
Sometimes their human companions aren't well. Making sure their forever furry friends are receiving the best of care will help relieve stress and worry.

National Pet Day is an excellent time to do a few checks for your pets.

Go through your furever family member's toys. Throw away any items that are no longer safe.
Maintain your pet-friendly home. Keep cords and toxins secure from your four-legged friends. This includes phone chargers.
Verify when vaccinations are due and schedule an appointment to update if they are due.
Check collars to ensure tags are secure and numbers are current. We sometimes forget to update this information when we move or change numbers.
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL PET DAY
Take supplies to those pets in shelters.
Help a friend with pets who is recovering from an illness.
Adopt a pet.
Give your pets extra love with a bath and rub down.
Use #NationalPetDay on social media.

NATIONAL PET DAY HISTORY
Celebrity Pet Lifestyle Expert & Animal Welfare Advocate Colleen Paige founded the day in 2005.

Pets FAQ
Q. What are some of the responsibilities that come with having a pet?
A. Pet owners know that some pets require more attention than others. However, each pet deserves to be given proper care and attention. Some requirements of pet ownership include:

Feeding pets according to their needs. Most pets (like dogs and cats) usually need to be fed twice a day. Other pets may require more or less frequent feeding.
Access to freshwater.
A safe place to rest.
Daily exercise.
Routine checkups, vaccinations, and medical care when sick.
Love, affection, social interaction.
Training.
Grooming

Pet ownership has jumped from 56% of U.S. households in 1988 to 66% in 2024, or 86.9 million homes, states Forbes. 97% of pet owners consider Fido and Fluffy to be a part of their family.

And why not? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says benefits to owning a pet include:

Increased opportunities to exercise, socialize, and get outside
Decreased blood pressure, cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels with regular walking or playing with pets
Decreased anxiety, feelings of loneliness and PTSD symptoms.

Dogs (65.1 million). The French bulldog is the most popular dog breed, said Charlotte Reed, a pet trends expert and host of The Pet Buzz podcast. For 31 years prior to 2023, it was the Labrador retriever.

Cats (46.5 million). The Domestic shorthair cat is the most popular feline in the United States — but not for the reason you think. "When a cat's breed is unknown a veterinarian will list the cat as a 'DSH' (i.e., domestic shorthaired cat), 'DMH' (i.e. domestic medium haired cat), and 'DLH' (i.e. domestic longhaired cat)," said Bonnie Bragdon, president and co-founder of the Independent Veterinary Practitioners Association.
Freshwater fish (11.1 million).

Small animals, such as rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, mice and ferrets (6.7 million).

Birds (6.1 million).

Reptiles, such as turtles, geckos or bearded dragons (6 million).

Horses (2.2 million).

Saltwater fish (2.2 million).

Pamper your pet today!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: 4/11 NATIONAL PET DAY

Post by phillisw »

My daughter still has her fish tank and fish at our house. My hubby mostly takes care of them. No pets of our own
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: 4/11 NATIONAL PET DAY

Post by Jan Mosier »

Thanks, Tamara! Pets make the best companions. They’re faithful and they don’t talk back. 😂
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”