Easements

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Easements

Post by Jan Mosier »

A couple of men from the utility company showed up yesterday asking if they can cut another easement in my fence to my back pasture. They already have one easement on the back side that has not been well kept, allowing trespassers to enter. The new easement will allow them to drive through my yard to access it. If the dogs are in the fence when they come to access the easement it will cause a fight inside the fence. What would you do? Would you deny another access?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Easements

Post by Tracy F »

I would probably deny them access mainly because of the problems you've had with the other easement and I wouldn't want them driving through my yard to access the easement.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

hmm. probably try to get more info and have them take care of the back fence, if not. the answer is no
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I would ask them for an appointment to sit down and discuss all the possibilities and needs and how it would best work for you and then get a signed contract that they will maintain any that they have including putting up some kind of barrier to keep out the trespassers if they are a problem. the right of ways may allow others to use them in the future unless you have it written out with specific uses.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Ahhh hard stuff. Usually, if the government wants access, they usually win. I would do what Patty and Phillis said. Try to come to an understanding where you are not the one with the short end of the deal
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

My property is land locked by Kyle's house, the railroad tracks, timber company and my neighbor M. Baker. The only way to access the lines in the pasture now is through my property. I have an access they can use, but it will need to be cleaned off and I would have to hire it done. They want the easiest access for them. Kyle sent and email, but we haven't received a response yet.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”