World Storytelling Day – March 20, 2024

Lolis
Challenge Team

World Storytelling Day – March 20, 2024

Post by Lolis »

World Storytelling Day, which occurs annually on March 20, is a day that celebrates the art of storytelling. Whether the story has words, pictures, signs, or expressions, all forms of storytelling are appreciated on this day.

The day acknowledges the art form of storytelling and encourages diversity among different cultures and races. So get your Peter Pan on and join us to celebrate one of the oldest forms of communication.

HISTORY OF WORLD STORYTELLING DAY
Storytelling is considered a communication method like no other. It can travel through space and time and still have relevance to the present day. Storytelling can be presented in any language and form and still be relatable and understandable. It also can influence thoughts/emotions and stimulate creativity.

The history of storytelling dates back to the stone age. Over the year’s cave paintings, drawings and messages have become source of information. It serves as remnants of ancient knowledge that educates us about the past. The stories that were found on cave walls were reiterated every time man set eyes on them. Each time the story was told, the art form of storytelling started to grow.

As the populations expanded and people started moving across borders, they carried their experiences in stories passed on from generation to generation. Stories even multiplied as the years went on, as every generation had their own set of experiences to add to it.

Besides true stories that contained experiences and information, people also created fictional stories. This is the world of make-belief and imagination. Each genre of storytelling has a specific place in life, and it’s clear that the art form has existed for more than a few decades.

Coming towards the exclusivity of the day, the proper dedication of this day to storytelling was done by the Swedish in 1991 when they started celebrating ‘Alla Berratares Dag’ The people who started this day passed away, but the reigns were taken over by the dedicated followers and the trend caught pace by becoming a worldwide phenomenon.

Every year people from around the globe celebrate World Storytelling Day by bringing their favorite compelling tale to life. Most people visit storytelling seminars, libraries, and more to take part in the fun and festivities of a day arranged with words brings.

Have you participated in the Finish the Story Game in our forum this week? In celebration of today don't forget to add a few sentences to the story! Happy World Storytelling Day!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: World Storytelling Day – March 20, 2024

Post by phillisw »

ah, I try to tell some of my stories through my scrap pages.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Scrapbooking is a great form of storytelling. My son Jerry is an amazing storyteller! He won numerous storytelling, poetry, and speaking events all throughout elementary, middle school, and high school.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I definitely tell stories through scrapbooking
and I absolutely Love your story telling game.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”