3/7 NATIONAL CEREAL DAY!

Tamara
Challenge Team

3/7 NATIONAL CEREAL DAY!

Post by Tamara »

There isn’t a person alive who doesn’t know a bowl of cereal, a spoon and some milk (Lactaid, Almond or soy milk all count!) equals a party in your mouth! Fiber, sugar, raisins, or even lucky charms – the flavors and prizes each box holds are limitless and can add to any humdrum morning. So, let’s snap, crackle and pop through all the reasons why National Cereal Day on March 7 should be in your day planner and on your menu!

Fun things to know!
NATIONAL CEREAL DAY TIMELINE
Cereal was invented… by accident
John Harvey Kellogg and Will Keith Kellogg were experimenting with boiled wheat, as brothers do. They left a batch out overnight and returned to find it stale. They tried the same process with corn, and created what we know today as Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.

Sweetened Cereal was born
“Ranger Joe Popped Wheat Honnie” showed up in grocery stores, on radio and TV ads to show kids liked sugar and cereal didn’t have to be healthy.

'Lucky Charms' hits the shelves
Fancier cereal mixes like 'Lucky Charms' hit the market, with fruit, marshmallows and other sweet bits mixed in.

Mr. T cereal makes its debut
Mr. T’s cereal was the first licensed ready-to-eat cereal manufactured and marketed by the Quaker Oats Company… and I pity the fool who never had it

What is your favorite cereal?

I would have to say Lucky Charms although I haven't had it for years. We do more Quaker oats and cream of wheat. We actually had Cream of Wheat this morning before I knew it was National Cereal Day!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: 3/7 NATIONAL CEREAL DAY!

Post by Tracy F »

I like cereal and had some Rice Chex this morning.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Cocoa Krispies is my favorite with a glass of cold milk on the side.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Love Captain Crunch but I don’t eat it to often

Return to “Daily Chatter”