Monday, Feb 19

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Monday, Feb 19

Post by Tracy F »

Good Morning All!

We're off to Universal to meet the kids this afternoon. So excited to see them! We'll be staying there til Friday with them. Hoping for good weather but it looks like it's going to be a chilly week. At least the sun's shining. :D
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Monday, Feb 19

Post by Lolis »

Tracy, enjoy your week!
Dr's appointments today. It's a little chilly here, but it stopped raining.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Hubby is painting bedroom #1. bright yellow. It looks good so far. I will be doing laundry and some cleaning around our condo. Plus time to scrap ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tracy, enjoy your day!
Lolis, hope all goes well at your dr.'s appt.
Phillis, enjoy your scrap time.

It's another stay at home day for me. Still feeling a little drained, but my head cold seems to be gone. No plans today other than laundry and a little light housework.
Last edited by Jan Mosier on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We were up at 5:30AM and out of the house early so I didn't have time to check in. We drove two hours South to a reservoir in Delta, Utah. The Canadian snow geese migrate here every year. They stay for about two weeks and then continue on to Canada. Today was the only day this week to catch them since DH is working shifts all week for the youth performance. We got there by 9:00 and didn't see any fly in until 9:30. It was a smaller group than anticipated. Some flew in over our heads a half hour later an my fingers were so cold I didn't think I got them but luckily later I found that I had. It is the best pic of the day. The geese fly onto the water and then just sit there in a line. You can only see them from across the way so no close ups. dang! We were getting ready to leave at 10:30 and all of a sudden they revved up and flutter all together. DH got some good shots of that, most of mine were blurry but still amazing. Then we went to the Topaz Museum. I hadn't heard about this sad thing in America. After Pearl Harber attacked, Pres Roosevelt signed a bill that meant all American Japanese were torn from there homes In San Francisco and place in Japanese encampment camps. They were treated like enemies. 110,000 Japanese (that weren't even in Japan at the time. They kept them prisoned until 1945 when Pres Reagon digned a bill to let them out and apologized. They put them on busses and trains with $25 and sent them on their way.
Stopped at a burger joint (even though we had roast beef sandwiches in the cooler. :lol: Guess what's for dinner? We also stopped at the Red Barn for strawberries and ice cream. WE made it back home by 3:00 PM Now I am off to exercise
Happy Monday!
Happy Presidents Day!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tamara wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 pm We were up at 5:30AM and out of the house early so I didn't have time to check in. We drove two hours South to a reservoir in Delta, Utah. The Canadian snow geese migrate here every year. They stay for about two weeks and then continue on to Canada. Today was the only day this week to catch them since DH is working shifts all week for the youth performance. We got there by 9:00 and didn't see any fly in until 9:30. It was a smaller group than anticipated. Some flew in over our heads a half hour later an my fingers were so cold I didn't think I got them but luckily later I found that I had. It is the best pic of the day. The geese fly onto the water and then just sit there in a line. You can only see them from across the way so no close ups. dang! We were getting ready to leave at 10:30 and all of a sudden they revved up and flutter all together. DH got some good shots of that, most of mine were blurry but still amazing. Then we went to the Topaz Museum. I hadn't heard about this sad thing in America. After Pearl Harber attacked, Pres Roosevelt signed a bill that meant all American Japanese were torn from there homes In San Francisco and place in Japanese encampment camps. They were treated like enemies. 110,000 Japanese (that weren't even in Japan at the time. They kept them prisoned until 1945 when Pres Reagon digned a bill to let them out and apologized. They put them on busses and trains with $25 and sent them on their way.
Stopped at a burger joint (even though we had roast beef sandwiches in the cooler. :lol: Guess what's for dinner? We also stopped at the Red Barn for strawberries and ice cream. WE made it back home by 3:00 PM Now I am off to exercise
Happy Monday!
Happy Presidents Day!
how cool that you saw the geese, went to the museum and out to lunch
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Just work for me and then Cocoa did it again - busted a stitch but not as bad but I’m ready to muzzle her totally at this time. So DH and her are waiting at the ER vet again :shock: :o

Tracy, enjoy Universal. Tamara your trip sounds cool - I did know about that piece of American history. Jan, glad you are feeling better. Lolis and Phillis, hope you had a good rest of the day

Return to “Daily Chatter”