National Day February 7, 2024

Lolis
Challenge Team

National Day February 7, 2024

Post by Lolis »

NATIONAL SEND A CARD TO A FRIEND DAY
Are you prepared to celebrate this national day ? Do you ever make cards to send just because? Do you love getting cards in the mail?

National Send A Card To A Friend Day on February 7th reminds us to send friendly cheer through the mail. We do that by sending a note or message on a card to the friends we hold dear. Throughout the year, we often think about our friends. We wonder how they are, miss them, and remember fond memories of times shared.

#SendACardToAFriendDay

Sending a card to someone for a variety of reasons dates back to ancient times. The Chinese would send elegantly designed messages as well as the Egyptians, though on different types of paper. During the Rennaisance, greeting cards gained popularity for specific holidays and events. Victorian times increased the use of the greeting card for Valentine's Day, Christmas, birthdays, and more.

While our more digital era may turn away from the flowery language of greeting cards, a surprising 80 percent of adults still purchase them. While they may only make these purchases for special occasions and are more likely to include them with a gift when they're attending an event, they are purchasing. That said, retailers continue to reduce their footprint in the greeting card aisle.

All the facts would add up to a faster fading "Just Thinking of You" type of card. However nice it is to receive sweet text, wouldn't it be less of a chore to go to the mailbox if occasionally you found a notecard from a friend?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: National Day February 7, 2024

Post by Lolis »

Getting a card in the mail always makes my day, even more if it’s a handmade card. I should have some ready made cards here at school for any occasion, but I don’t.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I need a few more cards in my stash.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I have more than enough cards for all of us! :lol: :lol: :lol: Love this! I have some pics to send to my nephew and was thinking of adding a card (note) with it. I will send a card today! :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It's always nice to get a card in the mail!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ah yes, I love getting cards in the mail. I did mail out a birthday card to a man that used to live in my town. He turns 75 next week. He was the pastor at the Presbyterian Church in our town. Our Catholic Church always joined with his church to have Vacation Bible School every summer.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

CTMH had card kits that are pre designed and pre cut on clearance, and I thought I would enjoy putting them together. I also thought they would be great to build up my stash. They are kind of cute, but I’m not enjoying putting together. They are not my style either. Oh well…
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Lolis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:58 pm CTMH had card kits that are pre designed and pre cut on clearance, and I thought I would enjoy putting them together. I also thought they would be great to build up my stash. They are kind of cute, but I’m not enjoying putting together. They are not my style either. Oh well…
ah, for a minute I thought I should buy the kit............the Paper Pumpkin kits? I used to subscribe, then had about 10 I had not done so I cancelled. I brought some of the old kits with me to Florida to work on. No valentine ones.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

phillisw wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:18 pm
Lolis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:58 pm CTMH had card kits that are pre designed and pre cut on clearance, and I thought I would enjoy putting them together. I also thought they would be great to build up my stash. They are kind of cute, but I’m not enjoying putting together. They are not my style either. Oh well…
ah, for a minute I thought I should buy the kit............the Paper Pumpkin kits? I used to subscribe, then had about 10 I had not done so I cancelled. I brought some of the old kits with me to Florida to work on. No valentine ones.
CTMH had one like the SU Paper Pumpkin and they were selling them as subscriptions too, but they did away with them. Right now they have them on clearance at 75% discount, about $15 per kit it makes 24 cards, but they charge shipping on the full price. My friend convinced me that we would be loosing money if we didn’t get them :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are very cute, but I like more layers. They are good to build up a little stash.

Return to “Daily Chatter”