National Day January 21

phillisw
Challenge Team

National Day January 21

Post by phillisw »

National Hug Day or National Hugging Day occurs on January 21st and is officially recognized by the United States Copyright Office, but is not a public holiday.

The purpose of the day is to help everyone show more emotion in public. The only way to celebrate the day is by offering a hug to anyone and everyone you want. While National Hug Day and the Free Hugs Campaign share many similarities, there is not an association between the two.

Whether you hug a family member or a stranger, the mental and physical health benefits are the same. From the day we are born, hugs or touch improve our sleep. Hugging, like cuddling, releases oxytocin. On its own, this hormone provides tremendous health benefits. Not only does it gives us feel-good hormones, but it reduces pain. Receiving a hug helps reduce stress, lowers blood pressure, and lowers the risk of heart disease. It also eases anxiety.

HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL HUGGING DAY
Give someone a big hug. Or, if you need one, ask for a hug and reap the benefits. You can also give a mental hug. Let someone know you care by sending warm, cheerful words of encouragement to those in your circle. Boost their joy by letting them know how much they mean to you with a verbal hug until you can give them the real one.

Use #NationalHuggingDay to post on social media.

NATIONAL HUGGING DAY HISTORY
The holiday was founded by Rev. Kevin Zaborney on March 29, 1986, in Caro, Michigan.

It is also:
NATIONAL HYALURONIC ACID DAY
NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY
SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: National Day January 21

Post by phillisw »

Here is your virtual hug, ladies:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Awwww we can all use all the hugs we can get!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

That's sweet! Still snow here! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Cute hugs! Virtual hugs right back at you!
I’m a hugger, but since COVID not so much. I had started to put my guard down a little, when I got sick and got my husband and my son sick. I’m still not fully recovered. Jerry is also having some health concerns. Virtual hugs and air hugs all around!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”