Tuesday - November 24th

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Tuesday - November 24th

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

What’s on everyone’s agenda today? I’m sitting at work currently texting G. He’s taking Cadbury to the vet this morning as she’s having some bowel issues. He’s always been a passenger when we go and has never actually driven there before and the only parking is parallel parking. I know he can do it but I’m still fearful as even though he drives back and forth to school every day, I still consider him a bit of an inexperienced driver. Waiting on a text once he gets there and parks.

Then I’m off at one to go with G to a med check appt. He’s seeing his pediatrician today, but his neurologist made some med changes and I just want to make sure both of them are on the same page. Besides Gs cocktail per day is a lot, and I like to stay on top of it!

Then home to finish a layout I started last night!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: Tuesday - November 24th

Post by Wendy »

Tammy - hope everything goes well today.

I didn't do much last night. I worked on a quick page, but I have so much to do to get my house in order. This is the first time I am actually anxious and excited to decorate for Christmas. Probably because i have convinced myself that this is the year to purge. It bugs me that I have bins and bins of stuff and so much of it never gets put out. Time to clear out some room in the shed!
Quick run to the grocery store tonight. Kids are making tacos for Taco Tuesday. I'm hoping to get another challenge done tonight. I've been struggling with a few of them. My pics finally came in so I'm hoping to catch up.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Good morning everyone! Enjoying beautiful New Mexico, the land of enchantment and the company of our sons! Jorgie has to work until tomorrow. He’s still working from home, so he goes back to the apartment. Jerry worked on Sunday, Roswell, New Mexico is back filming episodes. He will also be working on Stranger Things next week! He also got a small part in a Clint Eastwood movie. The studios are taking a lot of precautions to keep everyone safe. All stores are closed except essential, we had to stand in line for about 30 minutes to get a few things for Thanksgiving. We brought our turkeys and ham from Texas.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Today DH is conquering pulling out beds and vacuuming behind them. It's not something we do often but he put it on his list so that it is getting done.
I have some Christmas cards I started yesterday that I want to finish and it's time to put the stack of finished layouts into books so maybe I will get to that today.
Wendy good luck with your Christmas purge. I tried that a couple of years ago and after I put stuff back in the boxes I still had the same number of boxes. :lol: I did get rid of all the nutcrackers last year. This year I have decided it is time in our life to just have one tree. So I know one will be headed out the store, It's just time. I used to put a tree up just for the grandkids with the ornaments that I give them every year on (I always buy a duplicate for me) I am just going to incorporate them into the bigger tree. DH is thrilled because he has always been for less decorations.

Lolis Enjoy your boy time! Sounds exciting for your son!
Happy Tuesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Good afternoon everyone!
I slept in a bit today so no walking this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad charley horse in my leg and couldn't go back to sleep for several hours. It feels better now but it's still a bit sore.
I need to finish up my last batch of Christmas cookies today. I've got a big bowl of cookie dough in the fridge and I'm gonna need the room for Thanksgiving dinner prep tomorrow. I also need to finish up a couple of Christmas cards I started 3 days ago. I feel like I haven't scrapped in days except for these cards. I want to work on some of this months challenges so badly!

Tammy, hope all goes well today.
Lolis, enjoy Thanksgiving with your boys!
Wendy, good luck with the purge. I did some last year and hope to do more this year.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's been a late start for me today. Leigha has had online school this morning and is now on her lunch break until 1:20. Not sure what the day holds as of yet. It's chilly here today so we may just hang around the house today. I've got a couple of loads of laundry to do and need to come up with something she likes for dinner tonight. Last night was a pot of Kraft mac and cheese....her request. Will most likely take a couple of the dogs for a walk later this evening depending on the weather. It's a little cool here today and she forgot her jacket. :roll:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Vet app’t for Cocoa - her mid year senior exam, so swung by Starbucks on the way there. Took a while at the vet, but I am grateful that they give us an option of going in if we want to. Then to Cracker Barrel to pick up our Thanksgiving dinner; they have that down to a science. I was in line only like 5 minutes. Put up the Mickey tree bush. Planning on scrapping later this evening. Still working on my kitty book.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Good evening everyone! I'm multitasking big time this evening. In my class, packing for our trip tomorrow during my break, and typing to you all. Today was our last day of work for the remainder of the week. Lots of loose ends to tie up. Looking forward so some much needed down time in the Outer Banks for the rest of the week. :)
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Good evening. Day started with a trip to the dr for blood work and then on to volunteer at the food pantry. Spent the rest of the day painting. I'm ready for a break.....Outer Banks sound really good, Stephanie. Enjoy your trip. Everyone enjoy the rest of your evening.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Not much happening here today. Steve went out with his friend to town. Nick's snow plow attachment for his truck finally came and he had to pick up his 4 wheeler. So Steve helped him drive the extra vehicle. It was nice for him to get out of the house for awhile (for me too!). :)

My medication made it to Anchorage last night and supposedly left Anchorage for Ketchikan at noon today. BUT.... Are you ready for this? I had called the small local airline to see if they thought they'd be flying today or tomorrow as the weather's been so nasty. There's a problem with Alaska Airlines being able to get out of Ketchikan once they land and so several of their flights are going to other areas BECAUSE YESTERDAY THE ALASKA AIRLINES DE-ICER TRUCK CAUGHT FIRE AND BURNED!!!!! O M G! I was just like "Well that's par for the course and this situation..." I just sighed and when I told Steve he started laughing. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing???!!! Not us!

Soooo.... IF the medication made it into the 50 estimated packages (instead of the normal 400) that were on the plane to Ketchikan and IF the plane landed in Ketchikan and IF the small float planes can fly at all tomorrow then I'll get my medication sometime tomorrow. BUT... if one of those things messed things up we're looking at Friday before I can get it and that's a problem! So please pray that it makes it! My only other option is once it's in Ketchikan I can make arrangements for the float plane company to take it to another small company that only lands on the ground and has IFR which means they can fly in the fog and they rarely have to cancel flights. But they have to agree to sign for the package and take responsibility for it long enough to get it here (20 minute flight) and me to go get it. I could meet the plane. I'd have to pay for that of course but we're willing to do that.

Aren't you glad you're not me!?! LOLOL! All this stress has made me lose all motivation to do anything. I had a headache by the time I was finished talking to everyone! So I watched some TV and then after I had to do the nebulizer (twice yesterday and once today but a couple of weeks since I'd used it!) I fell asleep for about 3 hours. So dinner tonight was tomato soup and crackers since DH got treated to a big lunch by Nick. :)

I just look at my scrappy area and don't have a clue where to start. :( I really need to do some reorganizing but I also need to scrap so I'm going to have to make some decisions soon. And I need to do some reorganizing of things around the house before I try to decorate too. Hopefully things will all go smoothly tomorrow and I'll have my medication before the end of the day and I can give myself the shot (or have Steve do it) and I'll get motivated after that... Keeping my fingers crossed that this medication works! From all that I've read people start feeling better almost immediately (within the first week at least!) so I'm anxious to be on that path!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”