Thursday - 10/29/2020

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 10/29/2020

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

It's a dark and very rainy day this morning. . .very dreary. Not feeling work today, I'm just soooo tired these days and can't figure out why. Last night I even tried to go to bed earlier, and only had one can of diet pepsi all day long yesterday, and that was in the morning. Of course another headache this morning, and the lasix is already working . . .they called about my labs yesterday. Said to continue the lasix and that my potassium was a bit low, to eat more food with potassium. . .

No plans for tonight other than laundry, and tidying up in preparation for Jackie's arrival . . .maybe scrap later tonight as I wait for her to get here, depending on her ETA, as you all know, it's Jackie we're talking about.

Have a great ladies, and do something scrappy!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday - 10/29/2020

Post by Jan Mosier »

It's very windy here today with a 70% chance of rain later in the afternoon and evening. I have a hair cut appt. at 10:30 and the rest of the week and weekend is mine! I got the dreaded 28th behind me and my bank account is finally back to normal so I'm calling it a good start to a good day! ;)

Happy Thursday everyone!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Sounds good Jan
I planned on a stay at home today but yesterday someone showed in their stories that American crafts warehouse sale has the small binders for less than $10. I think last time I was there they were eight but I’m hoping they will be five. So DH told me he would run me down there Saturday. While I was scrolling on Facebook last night it said they are closed on Saturday so I convinced him I could go down there myself and do the same thing I would do if he were in the car outside waiting for me. I know how to social distance, I know how to hand sanitize . I plan on being there right when they open so there will not be any crowds however it’s such a big warehouse and it’s been open for months it’s not really a rush or a crowd. However they are getting ready to shut down. So we have to take advantage while we can. I also want some red double stick tape. So we will see what happens. After that the day is mine at home.
Happy Thursday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Taking a break between Google Meets. It's a rainy, nasty, mess here right now too. Hurricane Zeta hit another weather front and is drenching where I live. Although we do need the rain...Bad for dogs, good for ground. After work I'm hoping to clean, do some reading for my war class, and grade online work. And hopefully sneak in another episode or 2 or 5 of The Haunting of Bly Manner. :)
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Had a nice strong breeze on my walk today but it was still humid. Supposed to be cooler starting tomorrow and even going down into the upper 50's next week....I'll believe it when I feel it! Not sure what our plans for today are. Dh wants to go to Michaels to get some vinyl so I can cut out something on my Cricut for him. I would rather stay home and scrap today.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

tammyfolk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:16 am Good morning ladies -

It's a dark and very rainy day this morning. . .very dreary. Not feeling work today, I'm just soooo tired these days and can't figure out why. Last night I even tried to go to bed earlier, and only had one can of diet pepsi all day long yesterday, and that was in the morning.
I don’t know if you’re having trouble sleeping, but this guy always helps me fall asleep faster. https://youtu.be/HRjWpAqqiYU It’s ASMR
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

It's been a rainy dy here also with flash floods. Stayed in all day and worked on cards. Only have about 100 more to go! Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Just work for me and sorting more pictures. Oh, and looking over DH's Pampered Chef party stuff LOL I have tomorrow off so looking forward to sleeping in and scrapping some. DH has worked really long days the last few days; didn't even get in til 11:30 pm so I stayed up waiting on him
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

sdwhru wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 pm Just work for me and sorting more pictures. Oh, and looking over DH's Pampered Chef party stuff LOL I have tomorrow off so looking forward to sleeping in and scrapping some. DH has worked really long days the last few days; didn't even get in til 11:30 pm so I stayed up waiting on him
Is your DH a Pampered Chef consultant? or did he just ordered PC products? I love Pampered Chef I used to be a consultant many years ago.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Hi ladies! I've been busy and just haven't had time to check in.

I finally realized that Steve isn't well enough for me to leave for the minimum of 3 days that it would take me to get up to Anchorage and get the shot and get back. So I called the allergist's office today and gave them the number for the clinic I go to and she's going to arrange for it to be sent there. Then there's someone there who can administer the shot for me. After I've had a couple and know I'll be okay I'll bring them home and do them here. The first 3 months it's once a month. After that it's every 8 weeks. So it won't be difficult like getting twice a week allergy shots would be. :)

Steve is much better than he was but he can quickly overdo things. He's not a very good patient and I'm not a good nurse so we've butted heads a few times. But as a whole we've done pretty well.

We had a couple of young boys come over and help us today. Got things picked up around the yard and mucked out the goose pen feeding areas. Put new straw down for them and put up a small tarp covered shelter because between tomorrow night and Monday morning we're supposed to get 4-8 inches of rain!!! Last week it snowed a LOT on the mountains and then just a couple of days ago we got record level torrential rains in one day and all that snow melted and with the heavy rains it caused a BUNCH of landslides all over the island. I think there were 8 different ones blocking roads! Somehow none of them were between our house and town so that was good because my primary doctor is moving down south tomorrow and it was my last appointment with him. So now with this rain on the horizon we're all preparing to be stuck at home possibly without power for a few days. We have a generator that's still in the box so we'll have to get it out and make sure it's set up in case we need it. But we won't have internet if our satellite can't pick up the signal. So either check me on Facebook or assume that no news is good news. :) If we don't have power I may not have phone signal either because the booster may not work.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Mike went hunting today and got a small buck. I'm glad it was small because I haven't got any room in my freezer!!! :) I have to go get him after his doctor's appointment so I'll be home before the storm really starts thankfully. :)

Be safe everyone and have a great weekend!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”