Saturday 10/17

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday 10/17

Post by Jan Mosier »

Good morning everyone. What's on your plate today?

I'm getting ready to head to Hartsville to meet a lady with some vintage chocolate molds. I'm suppose to meet her sometime after noon. My sister is going with me and possibly my mom and we will probably bum around town for a bit. I'm sure Goodwill is on the agenda as well as Dollar Tree for some cheap contact paper for my Cameo and Walmart for some extra long needles with a big eye so I can finish my fabric pumpkins. I also have to go to the next town over to pick up a couple of bags of dog food. Not sure that I will feel like doing much scrapping when I get home. Maybe tomorrow.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 10/17

Post by Patti »

Have a fun trip, Jan. I started painting my fireplace but the color match is off, so I'm headed back to get it remixed and then a haircut. I started a LO yesterday that I would like to finish. I also started a book I would like to finish. Wonder which will win out. Have a beautiful Sat.!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My daughter's BFF lives 45 minutes from us. She met her playing club soccer, and they are two peas in a pod that live way too far away from each other. So I'm driving my daughter up to spend the day with her friend. Then I plan on scrapbooking some, starting to type my research paper for my grad class, and hopefully start "The Haunting of Bly Manor" on Netflix. I forgot to mention this is Day 1 of my Fall Break. I work for one of the only districts in our area that offers a Fall Break. I will say it is my FAVORITE break of the year. I love having a week off in October to sit back and enjoy the weather and colors...Kind of thought they would do away with it this year because of Covid, but I'm REALLY glad they did not...This is definitely MUCH NEEDED!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning everyone. . .slept in til about 9 this morning, Facetimed with Jackie (making plans for when she comes at Halloween), and talked to Shawn about our plans for the weekend. Other than letting Rocky out, we've all just hung out upstairs this morning. Shawn is currently fixing lunch for us (chicken & rice - by request) as it's pretty nippy out (it's currently 45), Garrett is working on his anthropology essay and I'm hanging in my scrap room. I need to go start some laundry and work on a few household chores as well (but that can wait a bit).

Leg swelling is down a bit today, but the bathroom trips haven't been. I actually put more toilet paper in the downstairs bathroom this morning as this lasix medication is NO JOKE. I've probably peed three times in the last 45 minutes. Crossing my fingers that this is only a short term thing. How are people supposed to work??

Anyone scrapping today?? Whatcha working on?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:46 am Good morning everyone. . .slept in til about 9 this morning, Facetimed with Jackie (making plans for when she comes at Halloween), and talked to Shawn about our plans for the weekend. Other than letting Rocky out, we've all just hung out upstairs this morning. Shawn is currently fixing lunch for us (chicken & rice - by request) as it's pretty nippy out (it's currently 45), Garrett is working on his anthropology essay and I'm hanging in my scrap room. I need to go start some laundry and work on a few household chores as well (but that can wait a bit).

Leg swelling is down a bit today, but the bathroom trips haven't been. I actually put more toilet paper in the downstairs bathroom this morning as this lasix medication is NO JOKE. I've probably peed three times in the last 45 minutes. Crossing my fingers that this is only a short term thing. How are people supposed to work??

Anyone scrapping today?? Whatcha working on?
Tammy I spend lots of time in the bathroom being on two water pills a day and you should see our roadtrips. We have to stop almost every hour to pee. It would definitely be a challenge working and having to spend that much time away from your desk. Is this a permanent medication or temporary? When they added my second water pill I thought that would take away the first. Nope! It is to keep heart from having any water buildup.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I stayed up late last night to do more sewing for me! Since the sewing machine was still up but I got tired and went to bed at midnight. This morning I finished the stack that I had. Put everything away till Monday. I want to get the challenge page done. It has a good start, i just need to add the embellies. DH is getting a haircut, picking up my prescription and getting groceries so that should give me time to scrap. Taking dinner tonight to a neighbor and just hanging at home.
Happy Saturday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Good afternoon ladies! I'm getting a late start to the day. Slept in today so no walking. I got enough exercise yesterday between my walk and cleaning the house. I cleaned all my baseboards and moped the house after my Roomba ran. The day before I polished all the furniture and cleaned all the glass table tops and mirrors. Dh asked if company was coming.....he knows I only clean like that before company comes. We haven't had company since about June maybe and no plans for anymore. My brother was supposed to come down this fall and get his motorcycle that's been in our garage for over a year now, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Anyway, at least I have a nice clean house!
Planning on scrapping today. Tried to do the TM challenge yesterday but I think my paint is too old, it's really thick and just makes blobs. I might make a run up to Walmart to get some new paint in the next couple of days.

Tammy, sorry to hear about your health problems. It's so frustrating when they can't figure out what's happening with you. Hoping you get some answers soon and can get started healing.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Tammy, maybe it will settle down after you've been on it for awhile? I sure hope so! Hope you feel better really soon too!

I have been scrapping this evening. I had to burn the trash this morning, washed the bed sheets and blanket, fed the geese twice, chatted with my BFF and her granddaughter when they came to feed the geese, (our geese are SPOILED! :)), been taking care of DH when he needs it (he's doing better every day! It's slow but steady thank God!), had to call about our internet because it's giving us a fit (way too slow, buffering, etc.), and tried three times to cut pieces for a sunburst layout but it still isn't right. I'm trying to do it with my paper pad so it will fit for a challenge here but I don't know if it's worth the effort! LOLOL!

Steve has been taking a set of supplements from a place called Relief Factor. Today he was able to touch his toes and almost put his hands flat on the floor! He hasn't been able to do that for YEARS! He's had neuropathy for years and today he was saying he thought he could feel the nerve endings coming back together!!! So I'm going to start taking it too! Only since I'm not in pain I'll just take the normal dose of one packet a day. :) But if you guys have anyone who's in pain or needs some healing in their body I'd HIGHLY recommend this stuff! It's a bit expensive but not too bad and if it makes you better it's well worth it!!!

Anyway, I need to get out of my scrappy chair and try to relax tonight. Have an amazing Sunday!!!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Daily Chatter”