Wednesday - 9/19/18

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Wednesday - 9/19/18

Post by tammyfolk »

Good Morning Ladies -

Where's everyone at these days??

Not much on the agenda for me today.....work and then home to babysit the boy. Things are looking much better, but it's still too early to tell. Medication has been stopped, and he has another counseling session in school tomorrow! Please keep your fingers crossed for us!!

So what's everyone been up to lately?? Any exciting plans for the day??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: Wednesday - 9/19/18

Post by BarbP »

I hope Garrett continues to make good progress, Tammy.

We're still in a heat wave here in So. Colorado. Yesterday was 98 degrees in Pueblo -- a record high for that date! Didn't Mother Nature get the memo that it's supposed to be FALL now????

Continuing to work on the memory book for my niece and hoping to get a couple of challenges done today. I need to get to Hobby Lobby and maybe Joann's for a few things to finish the book. I also need to paint/decorate the chipboard album edges and cover.

Have a great day!!!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Thinking of you and Garret, Tammy.
Barb, we are ready for some fall weather too. No only did Hurricane Florence dump a lot of rain on us, she also brought some humidity with her. Fortunately, we were spared from her wrath. Friends and family were not as fortunate......lots of flooding in NC and SC.

I know it's been awhile since my last post. We learned a few months ago that Jack has stage 4 lung cancer that had matastasized to his bones. We have already completed radiation and he had his first immunotherapy treatment Monday. Other than a little weakness, no other side effects. It will be several months before we will know if it's working but we are both optimistic. With 12 dogs and 3 cats of our own, a foster pup, farmers markets and Jack in a wheelchair, it hasn't left much time to do any scrapping, but I watch a lot of Youtube videos! :lol: Missy Whidden, Audrey Yeager and Kim Watson have me wanting to scrap so bad though. :lol: I even stopped by HL on my way home from the VA Monday to pick up some Distress Oxide inks.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am Thinking of you and Garret, Tammy.
Barb, we are ready for some fall weather too. No only did Hurricane Florence dump a lot of rain on us, she also brought some humidity with her. Fortunately, we were spared from her wrath. Friends and family were not as fortunate......lots of flooding in NC and SC.

I know it's been awhile since my last post. We learned a few months ago that Jack has stage 4 lung cancer that had matastasized to his bones. We have already completed radiation and he had his first immunotherapy treatment Monday. Other than a little weakness, no other side effects. It will be several months before we will know if it's working but we are both optimistic. With 12 dogs and 3 cats of our own, a foster pup, farmers markets and Jack in a wheelchair, it hasn't left much time to do any scrapping, but I watch a lot of Youtube videos! :lol: Missy Whidden, Audrey Yeager and Kim Watson have me wanting to scrap so bad though. :lol: I even stopped by HL on my way home from the VA Monday to pick up some Distress Oxide inks.
Jan I have been so worried about you. So glad the storm was good to you. glad to hear you made it safe. It breaks my heart to hear about Jack. Sounds like you have lots on your plate. So glad you are strong and such a good support to him. So sorry that you have to go through this. Hugs to you and your family.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tammy wishing you nothing but success with Garrett. Just hoping he gets better and better.
Barb we are in the same path of Mother Nature. it was 95 yesterday and a year ago it snowed on this day. I love the temps but we really really need some rain for all these ridiculous fires. We have had more than our share this year of them.
Today I have nothing in particular that needs to be done. Think I might put together page kits for the retreat next week. I could sew but there is always tomorrow. :D
Have a great Hump day!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

His day went great today....he even had a friend over, and they just left to go to the YMCA. I even caved and let him drive the two of them!! I don't seem to see any negative effects from stopping the Amitriptyline cold turkey. Fingers still crossed.

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:54 pm His day went great today....he even had a friend over, and they just left to go to the YMCA. I even caved and let him drive the two of them!! I don't seem to see any negative effects from stopping the Amitriptyline cold turkey. Fingers still crossed.
I take that at night for the stinging in my feet. I've never noticed any other effects. They actually doubled my dose a year ago and it really helped. It always amazes me that meds know what part of your body needs them. So crazy!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Tammy, hope Garret does nothing but just continue to improve.

Jan, I have been wondering where you have been - it is good to see your post - but I am saddened to hear about Jack's cancer. Will be praying for you guys and your family. Sometimes you have just have to take a break from scrapping.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm I take that at night for the stinging in my feet. I've never noticed any other effects. They actually doubled my dose a year ago and it really helped. It always amazes me that meds know what part of your body needs them. So crazy!!

I think it has something to do with the depression medication that he is already taking, as we're in day four now, and he seems to be returning to his happy go lucky normal self! *knock on wood.

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Jan, I'm sorry to hear about Jack's diagnosis. I hope the treatments are successful. Please remember to take care of yourself as you care for Jack and handle all the details.

Return to “Daily Chatter”