August 29th - Sports Challenge

Join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?
sthom97093
Challenge Team

August 29th - Sports Challenge

Post by sthom97093 »

Game Shows - admit it, we've all watched them at some point . . .well, have you ever wanted to actually be on a game show? What game show would it be? Are you a "couch" Game Show Participant?? Spill it, you can tell us!

For over seven decades now, people have been spending countless hours in front of the "boob-tube" watching contestants perform everything from physical feats to cerebral calisthenics . . . all in the name of winning that big cash prize at the end, or that dream vacation, or better yet, that new car.

Come on down & join us all month long in August as we celebrate game shows with YOU! All challenges will be based on specific Game Shows. And as always, the more challenges you complete, the better your chances are to win that "ULTIMATE" prize at the end. Deal, or no deal?

For my second project for the August Game Show Challenge, I chose to create a layout based on the 1970's game show "Sports Challenge." Two professional athletic teams would compete against each other answering trivia questions. Winners would receive a cash prize that would be used to purchase athletic equipment for youth athletic programs. So for my project, I decided to feature my favorite youth athlete and her favorite soccer coach. This coach has been a God send to my daughter. Not only has she taught her a much about the game of soccer, but also helped navigate my daughter through her broken leg recovery. She is the best, and I thought she would be the perfect subject matter for a "Sports Challenge" challenge. To pull this project together, I used a sketch created by Bev Code for my former design team Creative Inspiration. (Sketch use is optional, but it's a fun one!)

Attachments
ci oct 6 2019.jpg
ci oct 6 2019.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Last edited by sthom97093 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: August 29th - Sports Challenge

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a wonderful challenge and great example! I have lots of sports photos that need scrapped! :)
ImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

So the challenge is to do any type of sports or athletic type layout?
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wonderful sports page!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

sherriscraps wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am So the challenge is to do any type of sports or athletic type layout?
That is correct. I like working with sketches, so used this one to create this project. But sports themed project. :)
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

sherriscraps wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am So the challenge is to do any type of sports or athletic type layout?
Yes, any type of sports page. I used this sketch from my DT teammate Bev Code; it was one of my favorites from last year and wanted to use it again. But not necessary to follow the sketch for this challenge. Sports is the key.
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

sports.jpg
sports.jpg (108.12 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
I kept this one simple cause the background paper is so busy and I had lots of pictures to get on the page.
ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine! :)

Soccer
Photos of grandkids Lucy, Marcus, and Kellan at their last Fall 2018 Soccer game. This is a page for Lucy's album.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

This morning I found this kit of a soccer page. Yea! double win...another kit put together and a sports challenge where I just have to add pics of cute Parker when I get them printed!
soccer.jpg
soccer.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:09 pm sports.jpg
I kept this one simple cause the background paper is so busy and I had lots of pictures to get on the page.
WOW You've been to a lot of sports stadiums! I didn't realize how much I've missed baseball games until they were cancelled in May. Minor league that is. My brother in law is a pitching coach for Detroit, and keeps us in great tickets when his team comes to Dayton. Something so fun about baseball games....

Return to “August 2020 - TV Game Shows”