Challenge #4: Coordinated Color

Join us as we continue to ride out this whole COVID19 Pandemic! Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Scrapping!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Challenge #4: Coordinated Color

Post by BarbP »

For this layout, I started with 49 & Market's Bold $ Beautiful collection. My aunt and uncle in California posted a photo yesterday of the stunning new color of iris that they found growing among her foliage and other plants. Seeing the range of hues in the flower gave me the idea to use a color-wheel combination of beautiful paper and embellishments.glittered title, BLOOM, above the red and white strip.

I chose a background paper from the collection that had flowers and print along the bottom and sides the paper, but only minimal print across the top. I adhered my photo of the flower to a dark red cardstock, then to a white paper that formed a 1/2 inch frame around thofe photo. Then I added a turquoise frame and punched a small border pattern along the right side. The striped strip about 3 inches from the top is actually the bottom strip cut from another paper. I added a couple of butterfly embellishments and two hearts around the edges of the photos.

FINISH AND POST MID-MAY

First, I took a photograph of this amazing flower. It's a deep orange wth light gold and peachy-pink accents. The primary colors on my color wheel showed that turquoise is a complementary color, so I started by making a frame with turquoise paper and laid it down on my background. I cut around the tiny green flower in the bottom left, then cut slits along the left and bottom. I used a punch to give it some pizzaz on one edge.

Next I cut a piece of dark red cardstock and glued the photo to the mat. Underneath that, I used white cardstock to make a second frame. I adhered the framed photo to the turquoise mat and glued framed photo down as shown.I added a butterfly fussy-cut from my paper, a set of two vinyl hearts and a small white vinyl butterfly.

The striped paper strip along the top edge of the display area is just the coordinated color cut from the bottom of another sheet of cardstock. I added gold glittered title letters and hand-wrote the journaling.
Last edited by BarbP on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Challenge #4: Coordinated Color

Post by Tamara »

I used chocolate brown and the complimentary colors are navy blue and olive green.
cabin outside.jpg
cabin outside.jpg (82.55 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Tamara, I love your page! Great photo of you :D

I'm so sorry.... I had this layout completed and (I thought) posted, but it's not in my folder or, obviously, here in the thread. My image of my aunt's gorgeous iris is here, but the background and journaling are not. Not sure what's happening, but I will try again to fix it and post.
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

I used the purple pink part of color wheel.

SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Okay -

So I snagged Barbs layout from Facebook, and uploaded it into the gallery. . . .

Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:14 pm Okay -

So I snagged Barbs layout from Facebook, and uploaded it into the gallery. . . .

I saw it on facebook too
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

BarbP wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 am Tamara, I love your page! Great photo of you :D

I'm so sorry.... I had this layout completed and (I thought) posted, but it's not in my folder or, obviously, here in the thread. My image of my aunt's gorgeous iris is here, but the background and journaling are not. Not sure what's happening, but I will try again to fix it and post.
Yes back in my younger days. It was 2008 while building our cabin and long before this oxygen crap! :P
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Members completing this challenge are:

1 - Barb
2 - Tamara
3 - Sherri (1 card)
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Quarantine Crop / April 17th-19th”