Saturday 4/25 Waste Not Challenge

Join us all month long in April as we celebrate Mother Earth herself . . .by Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling. . . Reducing is cutting back on the amount of trash we make, reusing is finding a new way to use trash so that we don't have to throw it out, and recycling is using trash to remake new goods that can be sold again.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Saturday 4/25 Waste Not Challenge

Post by Jan Mosier »

This month is all about recycle, reuse and reduce. For today's challenge I want you to grab those leftover scraps and bits of pattern paper that have collected in a bin and reuse them to create another layout. I don't know about you, but scraps is something I have plenty of. If you need a tag or card, look through your scraps before cutting into a large sheet of paper.

And here's what I came up with.

It's not one of my favorites, but it's a completed layout none the less. I will go back and tinker with it a little more.....maybe add some eyelets and some short journaling.

As you know, a new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Wednesday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations. Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their online store of choice.
*any month that we have more than 50 completed layouts/creations, the prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate instead of $10.
Last edited by Jan Mosier on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 4/25 Waste Not Challenge

Post by Patti »

Very cute, Jan!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
KAREN#1
In the Kitchen

Post by KAREN#1 »

Great challenge, Jan. I grab those handfuls of paper scraps quite often any more. A little pile will do it or I've made up some packages of related colors, designs or themes.

I even gather other loose items to bag up like buttons or other elements. It's fun to work using mixed scraps and items as a background and just add a photo as well. Nothing even needs to be color-coordinated unless you want it to be.
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I have a HUGE box of scraps. I have been using it much more these days. I really like your page.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sandy
Prep Cook

Post by Sandy »

Hmmm the only scraps I have are the ones from the crop. I purged all my old scraps a year ago when I moved my craft studio into a new room. I’ve not scrapped or made cards since then until the crop. Maybe I can muster up enough scraps from that though.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I have 12x12 Iris case full of scraps and I find I've been using them more lately. I try to go through them before I cut into a new piece of paper.
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Melody
Prep Cook

Post by Melody »

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Great job, Beth and Melody! Thanks for playing along!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Melody wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 pm Image
Great layout, Melody!
I need to use up some of my scraps, also. The husband keeps saying I need to pitch those leftover scraps....he just doesn't get it! :lol:

Return to “April 2020 - Mother Earth: Reuse, Reduce & Recycle”