4/13 Mother Earth: Reduce, reuse, repurpose -- Safe at Home

Join us all month long in April as we celebrate Mother Earth herself . . .by Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling. . . Reducing is cutting back on the amount of trash we make, reusing is finding a new way to use trash so that we don't have to throw it out, and recycling is using trash to remake new goods that can be sold again.
BarbP
Sous Chef

4/13 Mother Earth: Reduce, reuse, repurpose -- Safe at Home

Post by BarbP »

Join us all month long in April as we celebrate Mother Earth herself . . . Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Challenges will be based on reusing, reducing and recycling - whether it be in your personal life or with your scrapbooking supplies, focusing on finding new ways to use and repurpose items in our stash.......the possibilities are limitless...

Like many other scrapbookers, after more than two months of self-quarantines, closed stores and fears of catching the coronavirus, I'm running low on more than a few supplies -- especially chipboard stick-on letters, Scotch ATG Gold tape, and patience. I had a few older layouts that I did not love, so I pulled off the chip letters and recycled them to my new layout, glueing them down with good old elmer's Craft Bond glue. I also cut apart a couple of small embellishments ot use on my layout.

Here's a peek into granddaughter Isla's day as she helps Mommy and daddy while they work at home:

(The original sketch won't load here, but you can go to the link farther down and it will take you to a copy of the sketch)

For this challenge, if you find yourself short on some supplies or embellishments, dig into your stash and find some alphas, embellishments, glitter, whatever fits your style, and add it to a new layout about how you're getting through the quarantine. (Digging through my older stash actually was kind of fun)

You will have until May 3 to complete this month's challenges. A winner will be chosen by random drawing and will win a $10 gift certificate from the online store of your choice. (If we get more than 50 entries, the prize will be a $20 certificate).

Happy scrapping! We're looking forward to seeing what you will create!
Last edited by BarbP on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:39 am, edited 10 times in total.
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Mother Earth: Reduce, reuse, repurpose -- Safe at Home

Post by Patti »

what is the challenge? I'm guessing it has to do with staying home and what you do while in quarantine.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

Isn't it a sketch day?
ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti & Beth - I have sent Barb a message asking her to come update the thread.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Beth wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:50 pm Isn't it a sketch day?
Yes it is! The sketch wasn't loading for me this morning, so Tammy fixed it for me. It's available via a link farther down this thread.

Your layout or other project can be about how you're coping with the self-isolation; habits that you have changed (i.e. Mike walks early in the morning and late in the afternoon when our subdivison streets are empty), or any other way that coronavirus has affected your daily life.
Last edited by BarbP on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Thanks! I have scrap time today and wanted to complete this before I hit the rest of my week and before the Crop next weekend.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

NOTE: Here's the link to Susan Stringfellow's sketch
Last edited by BarbP on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I love the sketch! Cute page, Barb! I love the colors!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Lolis wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm I love the sketch! Cute page, Barb! I love the colors!
Thank you, Lolis! Isla is fortunate that their house has a big 1.5 acre yard, partly fenced in, on a fairly quiet subdivision street. Jeff and Erica are working at home for the time being, and they enjoy getting outside with her.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: 4/13 Mother Earth: Reduce, reuse, repurpose -- Safe at Home

Post by Tracy F »

Great page and challenge!

Return to “April 2020 - Mother Earth: Reuse, Reduce & Recycle”